Monday, October 1, 2012

Trust and Obey

The last couple of weeks have been really rough for me.  I have been in a whirlwind trying to come up with ways to fund this adoption.  Trying to make things to sale.  Plus trying to keep up the kids school work and activities.  I was overwhelmed and stressed to the max.  Everytime I turned around something was going wrong and messing up.  I was becoming so frustrated and discouraged.

And then the Lord made me stop and realize there is NOTHING I can do to make this adoption happen.  NOTHING.  No amount of begging, pleading, sewing, selling.  NOTHING.  This is all in his hands. 

On one hand I have known this from the beginning.  We don't have the resources to make this happen.  I knew that from the start.  I trusted in the Lord to bring our child home.  I just wasn't trusting in his timing.  I thought I would just help him along the way.  I am a planner, I thought if I could just make a plan as to how to raise the funds it would work.  NOT.  Instead all I accomplished was making myself crazy.

So I am going to sit back and fully trust in the Lord.  I am going to wait for his timing though it may not be my own.

Ps 27:14 Wait for the LORD; Be strong, and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD.

Ps 33:20 Our soul waits for the LORD; He is our help and our shield.

Isa 40:31 Yet those who wait for the LORD will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.

No comments:

Post a Comment