Monday, September 10, 2012

Researching, preparing, and fundraising.

Man, oh man this is so much more than I was anticipating.  I knew that it was going to be alot of work.  I just had no idea just how much.  Part of me just wants to bury my head in the sand and give up.  But when I think of my boy waiting I know that I must press on.  When I think of the other children waiting and suffering I know that I must continue to advocate and pray for these children.  They needs homes, they need families, they need love.

I HATE asking for help.  I am naturally a giver.  I have no problem with helping others.  It kills me to ask others for help.  To bring my child home I will do it.  I will humble myself and beg if need be.  The cost of this adoption is staggering.  I in no way mind paying it, but we just don't have that kind of money laying around.  So I am sewing, crafting and pleading.  I don't mind working hard to earn the money we need.  I trust in the Lord to provide the money we need.

I talked to a placing agency today that I believe we are going to work with.  I felt like it was a fit for us.  I believe we need to be completely comfortable with our homestudy agency and our placing agency.  These are the people who are going to help us bring our child home.  I don't want to work with anyone that I don't feel I could call with any question. 

So that being said we need $4500 upfront for our placing agency fees.  $1600 to finish our homestudy and $275 for a donation to Reece's Rainbow.  This is what we need to make an official commitment to our child.  This will allow us to share his picture with everyone.  This will allow everyone to fall in love with him as we have.

So now I pray, pray, and pray some more.  Praying for provision and guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment